8 Days Tibet Overland - Lhasa - Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp
Tour Name : TIBET OVERLAND - LHASA & EVEREST BASE CAMP - 8 DAYS
Entry / Exit : Fly in / Drive out
Grade : Easy to Adventurous
Max Elevation : 5220m/17122ft
Accommodation : Hotel /Guest house
Meal : Bed & breakfast
Transport : Flight & Private vehicle
Tour Days : 08
An opportunity to visit the base camp of Everest (5200m) with an experience across the Tibetan Plateau. True to its nickname, “the Roof of the world”, Tibet is more or less an untamed land of nomads (drokpas), monasteries, yaks, sand dunes, and high altitude desert that goes as far as the eyes can take it.
You will visit one of the old village of Tibet named “Shal village” where you will get an opportunity to meet, interact and spend time with the local family, try local lunch with butter tea and roasted barley called ‘Champa’, the main local staple food in Tibet. You get to explore colorful mosaic of Tibetan arts, crafts, history, culture, custom, tradition, lifestyle and cuisine and you become a witness to a host of indigenous cultures including untamed (drokpas) nomads en-route driving through highest Plate on Earth.
Upon your arrival in Lhasa, you will be taken on a sightseeing tour to Lhasa visiting major Palaces and monasteries. In route you will visit ancient town of Gyantse, Shigatse and many other cities. Further drive across the wide open spaces of the Tibetan Plateau takes taking off the main highway toward Everest base camp. Finally drive towards trans-Himalaya cross into Nepal. By now, you will have entered into a completely different landscape one which is vastly different from just where you were a few days ago. The Nepali foothills and the greenery will make the drive pleasant and enjoyable.
The tour begins with a comprehensive trip briefing in Kathmandu followed by a sensational trans Himalayan flight to Lhasa that passes over Mt. Everest and many highest peaks of the world (if you join the tour in Kathmandu). This is the only flight fly over Mt. Everest and other highest peaks.
· Twin sharing accommodation as per the itinerary on bed & breakfast (BB) basis.
· English speaking Tibetan Guide.
· Transportation as per the itinerary by necessary vehicle.
· Monastery entrance fee & Rongbuk Entry Fee.
· Tibet Travel permits.
· Emergency mineral water in the vehicle.
· Emergency portable oxygen cylinder in the vehicle.
· Trip briefing by Tibet expert & entertain question.
· Trip Information pack.
· Gift pack (prayer flag or string of flag & paper prayer Lungtha).
Note: Offer Prayer flag or Lungtha (string of prayer flag) in high passes, temple for good fortune & long life.
· Tibet Visa Fee (Acceptable in US$ cash only).
· Any Airfare: Kathmandu - Lhasa (approx. 700 Fare as per availability).
· Any arrangements in Nepal.
· Transportation Kyirong to Kathmandu
· Travel insurance.
· Expenses during any rescue operation.
· Lunch and Dinner
· Alcoholic beverages & bar bills.
· All expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry etc.
· Gratuity to staff.
· Services of Porterage and other vehicles in between in case of landslides and other natural calamities beyond our control and expenses incurred during rescue services.
· Additional portable oxygen cylinder
· Services not mentioned herein.