Basanta Adventure Treks & Expeditions (BATE) wants to contribute positive impact in socio-economy and environment. Therefore we are committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to our company’s professional activities and management.
We aim to contribute to economic, environmental and social progress with a view to achieving sustainable development, and to help our clients achieve responsible trips. Therefore, we follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable national legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To commit to our core values on human rights, labor standards, our environment, and anti-corruption.
- To promote responsible travel to natural areas that need environmental conservation and improves the well being of the local people.
- To ensure that new destinations and excursions maximize benefits to local communities and the environment, and minimizes any negative aspects.
- To protect and give sound guidelines to our clients on wildlife excursions.
- To ensure that all staff is fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and that we are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact of all our office and travel operation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our sustainability commitments, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- To ensure accountability and transparency in our sustainability performance.
- As to our commitment to the Sustainability Policy, we have appointed a Sustainability Coordinator who actively oversees the implementation of this policy, for any questions and remarks related to our sustainability/CSR policies please contact person below.
For more information:
Ms. Prerana Thapa
Basanta Adventure Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
P.O. Box 8110
Narayan Chaur (front of Saibaba Center), Nagpokhari
Tel No. 977-1- 4440237, 4441321
E-mail: [email protected]