Tibet Overland Tour - Lhasa & Everest Base Camp
Tour Name : TIBET OVERLAND - LHASA & EVEREST BASE CAMP - 8 DAYS
Entry / Exit : Fly in / Drive out
Grade : Easy to Adventurous
Max Elevation : 5220m/17122Ft.
Accommodation : Hotel /Guest house
Meal : Bed & breakfast
Transport : Flight & Private vehicle
Tour Days : 08
Tibet -a land so rich in Culture, tradition and steeped in religion along the far flung unique landscape, also called the roof of the world. Let the age old Tibetan Myths & mysteries cast and enchanted spell that holds an every visitor in thrill and excitement. The tour begins with a comprehensive trip briefing in Kathmandu followed by a sensational trans Himalayan flight to Lhasa that passes over Mt. Everest and many highest peaks of the world (if you join the tour in Kathmandu). This is the only flight fly over Mt. Everest and other highest peaks. In case you wish to start the tour in Lhasa arriving from anywhere in mainland China or taking a new train from Beijing you will be briefed about the tour by your Tibetan Guide
Upon your arrival you will drive to Lhasa, you will be taken on a sightseeing tour to Lhasa visiting major Palaces, monasteries, acclimatizing & to absorb the exoticism of Tibetan heritage & to explore this history – Laden city to its core. In route you will visit ancient town of Gyantse, Shigatse and many other cities. You get to explore colorful mosaic of Tibetan arts, crafts, history, culture, custom, tradition, lifestyle and cuisine and you become a witness to a host of indigenous cultures including untamed (drokpas) nomads en-route driving through highest Plate on Earth. Further drive across the wide open spaces of the Tibetan Plateau takes taking off the main highway toward Rongbuk. Finally visit Rongbuk Monastery and view the spectacular sight of Everest & further drive to border, cross border and drive to Kathmandu. This is truly the trip of a lifetime with stunning scenery and cultural highlights.
- Twin sharing accommodation as per the itinerary on bed & breakfast (BB) basis.
- English speaking Tibetan Guide.
- Transportation as per the itinerary by necessary vehicle.
- Monastery entrance fee.
- Rongbuk entry fee & Everest Conservation Fee
- Tibet Travel permits.
- Emergency mineral water in the vehicle.
- Emergency portable oxygen cylinder in the vehicle.
- Trip briefing by Tibet expert & entertain question.
- Trip Information pack.
- Gift pack (prayer flag or string of flag & paper prayer Lungtha).
Note: Offer Prayer flag or Lungtha (string of prayer flag) in high passes, temple for good fortune & long life.
- Tibet Visa Fee (Acceptable in US$ cash only).
- Any Airfare
- Transportation: Kyirong border - Kathmandu
- Travel insurance.
- Expenses during any rescue operation.
- Lunch and Dinner
- Alcoholic beverages & bar bills.
- All expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Gratuity to staff.
- Services not mentioned herein.